Not Enough Hot Water?
Not able to enjoy a steaming hot bath any more? Do you run out of hot water during a shower? Running out of hot water is never any fun and can be caused by a few different issues. Read below to see what might be causing your hot water to run cold. You can also contact us 24/7/365 to speak with a water heater expert and let us help diagnose the problem and determine if you need service for your water heater.
- On a gas water heater, the gas control valve (thermostat) could be broken.
- For an electric water heater, one of the electric elements or thermostats could have burned out.
- The dip tube inside the water heater could be bad, causing a reduced flow of hot water through your pipes.
- If your water heater is old (8+ years) or if you live in an area with hard water your water heater could be full of sediment. This will reduce the amount of hot water a water heater can make.
- If you are new to the residence the tank may be undersized for your needs or smaller than the water heater in your previous home.
- Your hot water needs / habits may have increased over time.